Hello Bleed Big Bluers and welcome to the week 16 edition of Deep Football Thoughts. Before we get to the Fantasy Plays this week and the Picks of the Week (which I am so hot right now, I’m like Hansel from Zoolander)…I’d like to briefly give you my Christmas list…but not to Santa, to Jerry Reese.
Dear Mr. Reese,
Here is my Christmas list for Big Blue
1. Linemen — If there was one thing this season showed us was no matter how good of an offensive line coach you may have, they need talent to coach.
2. Linebackers — Enough of not putting a premium on the linebacker position, we need talent at both
3. Eli takes a pay cut — I see Eli scheduled to make 20 million next year…that’s like a million per interception. That is too much…the contract needs to be restructured, think what you can do with an extra 8-10 million dollars in the off-season.
4. Running back — the Rams found Zac Stacy in the 5th round
from Vanderbilt last year. We have 2 backs we can’t count on going into next season…this is a bigger priority then people realize.
5. Do not resign Hakeem Nicks — If this doesn’t make sense please go back and watch all 16 games this year. No Effort = No Contract.
6. Talk to Coach Coughlin — Whether he is going to coach or not is not the issue here. What is the issue is, at his age the Giants need to have a plan going forward. Where will be 2-3 years from now.
7. Cornerback — it’s time to say good-bye to Webster and Thomas. It’s on you to find a replacement. Prince is good, but a game changer is needed.
8. Go get Manziel/Play Nassib — I just love Johnny Football and would love him to take over for Eli in a couple of years. I know it’s unrealistic, but it’s Christmas damn it and I can dream if I want to. Here’s an idea, if they played Nassib the final 3 games of the season and were able to trade him, maybe some extra pics would come our way…..then who knows what can be packaged to make a move…for Manziel or anyone else that may help us in the future…(I had to get something about Nassib in this piece…lol)
9. 2 pass rushers — the pass rush this year has been pathetic, Osi may not be able to stop the run, but damn did we miss his play making ability off the edge. With that said, the Giants need to add speed and fury on the coming off the edges next year…Attitude and Effort wanted.
10. Fire Gilbride — Ok, he needs to go, but not for the reasons everyone is talking about. Gilbride is a scapegoat for a bunch of players who have underperformed. His whole scheme is designed on getting the ball downfield, how can you do that with no offensive line and receivers running the wrong routes?? Impossible. But I look at San Diego and see what Coach McCoy has done with Phillip Rivers and think that it may be good for Eli to have a fresh voice to listen to.
There it is…My X-mas wishes for Big Blue — Remember these two quotes by a great man in history after reading my musings… “A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men.” and “We are the music makers… and we are the dreamers of dreams.” Willy Wonka —
FANTASY PLAYS OF THE WEEK —
IN MY LEAGUE WE ARE DOWN TO THE FINAL FOUR — IN OTHER LEAGUES IT IS CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK — HERE’S WHO I LIKE —
KIRK COUSINS (REDSKINS) — In fantasy it is about production and Cousins is going to be asked to throw the ball… a lot. He will rack up yards and find the end zone a couple of times at least.
COLIN KAEPERNICK (49ERS) — It is all about finding match-ups, and with the Falcons up next for the Niners, you couldn’t ask for a better one.
MATT STAFFORD (LIONS) — Again, Match-ups. Coming off a bad week and has a Giants team this week that looks like it has already went on X-Mas vacation with the entire Griswold family.
GIOVANNI BERNARD (BENGALS) RAY RICE (RAVENS) DEMARCO MURRAY (COWBOYS) LAMAR MILLER (DOLPHINS) LE’VEON BELL (STEELERS) RYAN MATTHEWS (CHARGERS)
PIERRE GARCON (REDSKINS) ROD STREATER (RAIDERS) DOUG BALDWIN (SEAHAWKS) MICHAEL CRABTREE (49ERS) DANNY AMENDOLA (PATRIOTS)
VERNON DAVIS (49ERS) FRED DAVIS (REDSKINS)
ZACH MILLER (SEAHAWKS) BRANDON PETTIGREW (LIONS)
PICKS OF THE WEEK AGAINST THE SPREAD —
SEASON RECORD — 43 – 38 – 3
LAST WEEK — 5-2
IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ALONG I AM NOW 11-3-1 AGAINST THE SPREAD IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS — LEGGO!!!!!
BROWNS +1 OVER THE Jets — FLASH AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH THE DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE — FLASH GORDON goes cray cray on a Jets secondary that may be without Cromartie again this week. — Browns 24 Jets 20
LIONS -8 OVER THE Giants — Lions need the game and the Giants have just settled down for a long winters nap — Lions 34 Giants 13
RAVENS +2 OVER THE PATRIOTS — Ravens look to be getting hot at the right time and are not afraid of a trip to Foxboro — Ravens 21 Patriots 20
49ERS -10 OVER THE FALCONS — 49ERS win going away — 49ers 30 Falcons 9
SEAHAWKS -9 OVER THE CARDINALS — Terrible match-up here for Zona — Long day for Carson Palmer and company — Seahawks 37 Cardinals 13
UPSET OF THE WEEK —
VIKINGS +8.5 OVER THE Bengals — I will take the points as Leslie Frazier has his team playing hard — Don’t trust Dalton at all — Bengals 23 Vikings 20
Happy Holidays Bleed Big Bluers — Whatever holiday you choose to celebrate I hope that is filled with joy, health and happiness to you and your loved one….
God Bless Us…Everyone….and always… Bleed Big Blue!!!!